Let’s be honest, entrepreneurs make mistakes…a lot of them. The whole “learning and growing” part of this journey of building a business involves missteps, blunders and errors. However, if an opportunity to avoid those uh-oh moments presents itself you should take it.
Keep reading to find out the five website mistakes you’re making, then go fix it.
- You don’t have a website. That is a no-go in these days and times…your website is the online home for your business, and don’t you want the people that discover you to feel welcome to come into your home and learn more about you?
- You haven’t planned your website. As we say in the military, and in the event planning industry, Prior Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance. Before you set anything in motion for your website, you need to plan what you want to achieve, what you want visitors to do, how you want it to look. This saves you time during the building/launching process, so you can start advertising your products/services sooner.
- You’re not creating content. Content creates context. Context keeps you from becoming a commodity. Content is your way to separate yourself from your competitors. Start creating and publishing content on your website.
- Your website isn’t mobile responsive. Did you know that Google penalizes websites that aren’t mobile responsive? Considering the number of people using the interwebs on their phones and tablets is growing, if your website doesn’t adjust to be viewed via mobile, you’re probably not showing up in search results. Bummer…..
- Your website appeals only to you. So, my favorite color is black…I could wear black every day for the rest of my life, I love it. However, I wouldn’t dare build my website with a black background, black this, black that…..my audience wouldn’t resonate with that.
Okay, listen..I understand that you could be guilty of these mistakes and you might not have access to make these updates to your website. You might be stewing in frustration RIGHT NOW because you know you’re going to have to wait several days before your website person makes your requested changes.
If you have a WordPress website, I’ve got the solution to your problem: my DIY WordPress Masterclass will teach you how to navigate WordPress. You don’t need to know how to code and you’ll be able to build your entire website if that floats your boat.
(I built this website..yep, this one you’re reading on right now..)
The masterclass also includes a downloadable Resource Guide full of my recommended add-ons, extensions and maintenance tips.
Oh, and I just added a bonus tutorial covering selling on your site.
To your Greatness (and an amazing website),